Digital Opportunities and Barriers for Ontario’s Disconnected Adults
November 14 @ 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM ESTFree
…a few takeaways for program development from a recently completed AlphaPlus project
Wondering what the research says about equitable digital access and learning opportunities for the adults we work with?
AlphaPlus recently completed a comprehensive report focused on equitable access to technology for all Ontarians. During the webinar, Christine Pinsent-Johnson, one of the authors of the report, will share some highlights and a few takeaways that programs may find useful as they develop their own digital literacy workshops, courses and overall strategies. Topics include
- Highlights of Ontario’s new digital transformation initiative
- An overview of who is digitally disconnected and why
- A comprehensive way to look at access that goes beyond connectivity and owning a device
- Examples of innovative programs and initiatives in Ontario and beyond
- Some considerations when developing initiatives that appeal to digitally disconnected and hesitant adults
- Potential barriers and opportunities LBS programs.